Autonomous Shutdown Valves (ASV) are designed to operate subsea PLEM valves used in CALM Buoy and similar tanker loading/unloading subsea pipeline systems. Comprising of a subsea hydraulic valve actuator and control system, the ASV can operate subsea pipeline ball valves on demand or automatically based on pipeline pressure changes. The ASV also provides fully automatic and reliable fail-safe valve automation of subsea PLEM valves to isolate subsea pipelines from flexible risers in all weather conditions.
Valve automation of subsea PLEM valves used in subsea pipeline loading systems, CALM Buoy pipeline systems and similar systems.
- Water depths down to 200m
Key Features & Benefits
- Fully automatic fail-safe operation of subsea PLEM valves
- Reliable and requires no operator intervention
- Significant operational cost savings
- Automatic line-break detection and shutdown
- Reduced risk of pollution and loss of sealine inventory
- Remote status monitoring, override control and in-situ diagnostics
- Specifically designed for high reliability in the harshest operating conditions
- Proven subsea technology across all system components
- LiMnO2 batteries provide an expected operational life of 5 to 7 years